Exterior Residential Painting
NOTE: 2019 Illinois Exterior Painting is Booked. We are quoting Spring/Summer 2020 at this time. Thank you for a great season.
When you select Paint-Right Painting Inc. to paint the exterior of your home, we will thoroughly assess your home to determine the specific application needs for your home.
For painted homes, typically older homes, there usually is a need for more intensive preparation work, as opposed to stained homes. First, a determination needs to be done to understand why, if there is a coating failure (such as peeling, blistering, scaling, bubbling, discoloring, or excessive mold) that has occurred.
Once we understand the cause of the failure, we will use the best preparation to achieve a sound coating. Only with the many years of experience and decades of seeing different failures, can a painting company such as Paint-Right Painting Inc. fully assess your needs.
We will paint whole house clapboard or aluminum sided homes.
|“When choosing a painting contractor to paint the exterior of my home, I chose Paint-Right. I chose them not only for their prompt, courteous service, but for their expertise in assisting me when selecting the perfect colors for my home. I am thrilled with the results!” (exterior painted summer 2002 & 2012)
-Rita Vogel, Downers Grove
Before we start to paint, we will lay all the necessary tarps to protect from any spills and to cover all of your landscaping and flower beds.
Our preparation includes:
- Power washing (or hand cleaning, where applicable)-all the excess dirt will be removed
- Scraping loose painted areas, spot priming bare painted areas, sanding rough painted areas-all of the necessary prep work will make the job last longer
- All the necessary caulking where needed. This step is a must, which some other contractors will skip. This, again, will make the job last longer, so that the next time the house needs to be painted, less work will be involved, thus saving you money in the long run. This step, however, is very labor intensive
- Hand cleaning any molded areas. Note: Other contractors will tell you that they can power wash the mold, but that will not remove the entire mold involved. Again, our process is very labor intensive. However, you will not see mold seeping through your paint job, which will happen if the mold is only power washed off.
For materials, we will use only the best materials on the market today:
- For paint, we will use Sherwin Williams Duration Flat and Satin, featuring Permalast Technology, which is a state-of-the-art acrylic copolymer technology that is optimized for durability and film build. This paint will not peel or blister. It is also formulated to go on thicker.
- For caulk, we use Sherwin Williams Powerhouse Silicone Acrylic Caulk, which is superior to the other caulks used.
We have been using this caulk for many years, and this holds up better than any other caulk.
Our paint jobs are always supervised by a family member of our company working on family’s homes. We are typically on the job longer doing the prep work, such as necessary scraping and caulking that other painting companies will not do as they “cut corners on” your project. Your home is your investment, and you want to be sure you only have a quality job done.
The systems we use were developed over decades of searching for the best method to apply the coatings and the use of the best materials. Only by selecting Paint-Right Painting Inc. will you receive a job performed by Craftsmen with superior expertise and years of experience, along with proven methods that only a company with many years of experience can provide for you.
If you have an older home built prior to 1978, please see the Lead Paint Certification information.