Paint-Right Painting Inc. is pleased to introduce one of our long-term, dedicated employees, Tony Smith. Tony started with us back in 2008, and we will be celebrating his 10 year anniversary with us just after the 1st of the year! Tony came to us through John and Kathy’s son, Chris Wright, who has been painting for us for 12 years now. Tony is one of our best employees, and has gained the knowledge and skills of the painting industry through his dedicated , hard work, and eagerness to learn the business.
On a personal note on Tony, he is also very talented at painting on canvas too, selling his artwork through on line, as well as shows that he attends. The show he features his work at is the MightyCon , which is held at the Dupage County Fairgrounds. If you want to log in to his Facebook Group, you can visit: “Art by Tony “FOUR” Smith”.
Below is a photo of Tony, along with some of his artwork. Tony resides in Naperville.
Thank you , Tony , for all your hard work over the past 9+ years and for helping make Paint-Right Painting Inc. become one of the best painting companies in the area!
Can be several causes, but we are seeing more now because they were previously not painted correctly, with improper preparation work, or non-compatible coatings.
- Sometimes glossy/shiny paint was used on trim when flat should have been used.
- Cedar is not supposed to peel. Can be moisture in the wood, such as it was painted too soon after it rained.
- Sometimes sanding wasn’t done when it was supposed to have been done.
- Sometimes the house should have had a primer and it wasn’t used, or the painting company told the homeowner that they only needed 1 coat and they should have had 2.
Sometimes homeowners are just looking at the cost of the paint quote, when searching for a painting company, which is not good to do. Going with the “cheap” price often hurts in the long run. Here are some reasons as to why. We know of these reasons , as our current customers who “went cheap” the time before we painted for them, have told us these stories:
- The house started peeling all over 1 or 2 years after the paint job was done. This is because the proper preparation schedule for that particular house was not done properly. Every house has its individual needs.
- Mistakes were made on the job. The painting company was supposed to come back and fix them, and they never returned calls or showed up again. Note: Mistakes should not have been made in the first place.
- None of the painters spoke English and couldn’t understand anything the homeowner asked them. This is because many of the well-known franchise companies, as well as many small cheap companies hire cheap, unskilled laborers, many of which cannot speak English and pay them low wages.
- Often, painters would show up only for partial days, or not show up for days at a time, dragging out how long the job should take. Many of these companies take on too much work, and promise start and finish dates that they shouldn’t have. Now they have to do several jobs at the same time to get all these houses done and they subcontract out the work.
There is an old saying, ” You get what you pay for”….and this is very true in the painting industry. It is to the benefit of the homeowner, to often go with a more expensive company, to get highly skilled craftsmen doing the job, instead of the cheap, inexperienced laborers who can often ruin a house.